This weekend I accomplished the following:
- Wrote an extremely long, confusing rundown/how-to on shopping for SCA purposes in Indian shops
- Saw Underworld: Awakening with Jennie and T. It was worth the matinee price, but I’m glad I didn’t see it in 3D. I will likely see the next one (and the movie strongly suggests that there will be a next one).
- Ate all the sugar ever and lost at Apples to Apples at Jennie’s b-day shindig, which was thoroughly awesome. D and N brought waffles from Waffle House. Like, 10 of them in their own individual containers. With butter. And syrup. SO AWESOME.
- Made it past the first round of the big toothy thing at the Sealed Grounds in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (actually, I did very little aside from directing WH while he beat all the hard stuff; I mostly just collected bugs and rupees).
- Bought a reasonable amount of interesting foodstuffs at the Buford Highway Farmer’s Market, which is like a destination in itself for food shopping. Among the things I purchased: fresh ramen noodles, dried kiwi, and a Lion bar (which was promptly eaten).
- So while it looks as though I did things this weekend, my house is still a mess and I still have to put photos into the behmoth of a document that I created. I have permission to use the office projector, so that’s good, but getting the images I need for said projection may be a challenge. Oof.
Bonus for Monday: new Vampire Diaries episode streaming on CW online! I consider it to be the Twinkies of the tv world – you know it’s not terribly good for you, and yet it is still delicious.
Hey there this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if
blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I
wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.
Any help would be enormously appreciated!
I use the WordPress.com platform and don’t manually code anything, although if I really wanted to I probably could (but it’s a slog). These days, there are so many great blogging platforms out there that you don’t really need to know how to manually code them unless you want to change the blog appearance (and even then it’s usually a matter of knowing how to manipulate CSS). I’d recommend trying out a few platforms and seeing which works best for you. Tumblr, WordPress and Blogger are all good options, and I think there are some pay options that are good, too. If you have access to your own server, you can upload and use a WordPress template, which will give you more control over the blog’s appearance.
I’m so excited about the shopping instructions! What a great idea!
Also, the Buford Highway Farmer’s Market is so awesome.
We’ll see how the shopping goes… I tend to over-elaborate. I also have very little background in Persian and other Eastern textiles, so this may end up totally off the mark. Jadi’s helping out and bringing books, so maybe I’m just stressing needlessly.
I hadn’t been to the BuHi Farmer’s Market in years. The last time I went it was fun, but sort of grimy and disorganized. Sometime recently they remodeled and reorganized, and it’s SUPER. I am totally won over.