I have picked up a hibernating project in the past couple of days, after becoming frustrated that the Interlocking Leaves sock I finished was bound-off too tightly (I am undoing it and will re-do it using a sewn bind-off). And oh, it vexes me. Originally I had hibernated it because I kept screwing up. I started it a couple of times, and consistently frogged the fourth and fifth rows because I made a tiny mistake repeatedly. The night before that I moved past that mistake, and did pretty okay, but now I have a mystery extra stitch, so I’ll be frogging back again to see what happened. I imagine that as I do more, I’ll get to the point where I don’t screw up on it any more, but this learning curve is harsh. I did manage to drop some stitches through a complicated decrease and then pick them up again successfully, though. So there’s that.
Perhaps I’d have more success if I didn’t watch TV while knitting. I think I’ll try again tonight, only more focused this time.