I’m currently pirating an idea from a couple of other blogs (design ones, found here and here), and I’ll probably shuffle it around until I find a day that works best. This week, that day is Tuesday. Later on, it might not be Tuesday. Eventually, though, it’ll normalize and be on the same day every week.
So, without further ado, I present:
Knitting Things I Love [Tuesday]
1. Rivendell socks. These are so incredibly awesome that I almost wet myself when I first found them. No, seriously. I will be purchasing and knitting this pattern, as it is now available individually (though it will come out in a book later on this year).
3. Irtfa’a shawl by Anne Hanson. The Chickengoddess knit one of these, and I think it’s beautiful (though I probably won’t knit one; there’s a stole version that I will attempt to tackle at some point).
4. Dalek socks. I previously though I’d make these just for a friend. Now, I think I need a pair, too.
5. Malabrigo merino worsted in the Velvet Grapes colorway. I’m knitting the Little Red Riding Hoodie from the Domiknitrix book in it (with the help of a lot of math, since the pattern calls for bulky). It’s so very soft and lovely.
6. Noro yarn, of any flavor. At Knitch, upstairs where I knit on Sundays (sometimes), there’s an entire wall of it and I’m usually staring straight at it the entire time. I’m surprised I’m not completely broke by now.
7. Knitch. If any yarn shop stays open after the apocalypse, I hope it’s this one. I mean, at that point, I’ll take what I can get, but why settle for a poor yarn shop when you can use your newly finned form and extra arm to knit things with quality materials? (Photo stolen from PixiePurl’s Flickr photostream)
8. Torchwood. Okay, so maybe this isn’t a knitting thing, per se, but I just finished a laughable amount of stockinette work on a sweater, all thanks to Capt. Jack Harkness and his lively crew.
9. Knit Picks needles. Why, oh why, did I wait so long to get these? Was it a deliberate mental block, or did I just not realize what I was missing?
And that’s all for now. I think I’ll start this sooner next time, and maybe I’ll have a better range of stuff to put in there. Whew!