My photoless project du jour is for an upcoming SCA event, and is allowing me to do some pattern testing. I did my Mughal angharka in four different ways for myself (each time learning valuable info), but then found a miniature that shows the ties in the front of the lady’s version (!). So there will be a fifth for me, hopefully the most accurate of the set. I’ve also wanted to make a version for general consumption for some time, and Wonder Husband needs garb for said upcoming event. I’m using him and his obviously different measurements (it would be so weird if we were the same size and shape) to pattern up a man’s crossover jama, and see if my pattern translates well to my theory about how the measurements work and how the whole thing can be modified to fit various body types.
So far, I’ve got a paper pattern done and have fit one of the sleeves. Tomorrow evening I plan on stitching together a muslin so he can try it on and we can see how it fits.
If all goes well, I’ll put together documentation for a nice, hand-sewn version (as yet to be completed), enter it, see what feedback comes out of that, and hopefully put together instructions for a fit-to-wear pattern. I can think of lots of people who might like a comfy Mughal outfit (lots = maybe 5; I’m being optimistic).