You are not missed.
Now that everyone has gotten theirs out of the way (and I’ve overcome my annoyance at reading them), here’s my 2009:
- Learned a bit of Hindi, and made a friend on the internet (hi, Vishal!)
- Switched personas from 13th century French to 16th century Rajasthani Hindu (this is the happiest decision I’ve made in the SCA ever)
- Entered my first ArtSci competition, and did passably well (I shall have to be flashier next time, as I want largesse; I am that shallow)
- Sat with my brother in the deepest median on a highway in Arkansas, waiting for a tow truck to come dig him out.
- Used up two jars of ghee
- Developed a taste for Indian sweets
- Lost 10 pounds
- Lost two elderly cats (well, actually my parents lost them, but they were family pets when I was a child)
- Witnessed my husband get his very first speeding ticket
- Sewed my first bit of garb not from a ready-made pattern
- Block-printed the fabric I used to make said garb
- Turned a heel mostly by memory
- Kitchenered several toes, mostly by memory
- Saw Avatar twice (and then three times in 2010, already)
- Produced a short film
- I developed a deep and enduring love for Bollywood, and worked through an obsession with Hrithik Roshan (he’s a fine dancer, though)
- I helped a friend avoid arrest at DragonCon
- I made lots of new friends
- I accepted a deputy seneschal position for the South Downs
- I successfully arranged a site reservation for Red Tower
- Although I did not camp, I attended my first camping event
- Mastered spinning
- Went to my first sheep and wool festival
There was a lot of other stuff, most of which I don’t really remember. However, it was an okay year, except for that part at the end, which sort of sucked.
Here’s to 2010 and its potential for awesomeness. I expect to be un-disappointed.
So far this year I’ve taken on the mantle of Reservation person for Midwinter, so I’m off to a pretty good start.