I have been rather busy. So here’s what has gone on lately:
1. Finished the Rivendell socks! Ends not woven in. But still finished.
2. Made progress on the Interlocking Leaves socks. This is also an accomplishment. I hardly recognize myself.
3. Survived four days of medicating Lemmy Cat. He is vicious and does not understand the sentence “This is for your own good.” Perhaps it is because he does not understand English, either (not really). He still understands treats, though. We’re working on helping him make the connection. I have, as a result, discovered new uses for old fencing gloves.
4. Was social outside of work with a coworker, another unheard of occurrence. We both ordered too much soup.
5. Received a packet of souvenir photos my grandfather brought back from his tour of duty in Calcutta in World War II. I will scan and post these soon.
The knitting is the biggest accomplishment of all of that, and I fear it will lead to the end of the world as we know it. However dismal this seems, I will have several pairs of very stylish socks to wear as I witness armageddon.
This weekend is Six Flags. I’ve not been in ~7 years, and am pretty dang excited. We shall see how sunburnt I get (forecast: very).
Today’s Fiber Friday is an old bit of fiber, or the alpaca that Baobh purchased at MDS&W:
I have found myself wondering what has been done with it, if anything. We both put our arms into the bag, up to the elbows. It was lovely.