First off, I’ve gotten two entries for the blog tag contest. Enter your tags! Fun and prizes await!
Today’s Favorites are in honor of this afternoon’s forthcoming shopping trip for one of my favorite things of all time: Shoes. I can’t possibly list all my favorites, so here’s a selection:
1. New Rock Boots. I’ve mentioned this before, but it’s still true. These are awesome. Truly awesome. I love my pair.
2. Dr Martens Mary Jane. As anyone who knows me well can probably tell you, I have an unhealthy attraction to these sorts of shoes. However, I’ve had a pair in this particular style for about 6 years now (and a pair of 20-eye boots, as well), and I absolutely love them. I’d buy another pair in a heartbeat. They’ve been all over France with me and are great, sturdy, comfortable shoes. I also just found out that they make a stacked wedge Mary Jane, and so I think I might have to add another style to my collection soon.
3. Reef sandals. I also have several pairs of these, and I love them. They are comfy (and since flips flops are practically the Georgia summer footwear uniform, I blend in nicely) and durable and come in a wide range of colors and styles.
4. Converse tennis shoes. I’ve been wearing these since junior high, and although I’ve bought knockoffs a couple of times in the past, the original is by far the best and most comfortable. Their only downside is that after a few months of constant wear, they start to smell really bad. I go for the low tops, and my current pair have an awesome swirly skull pattern all over them.
(The soles used to look like this when they were brand-new!)
5. My shiny blue Irregular Choice flats. Unfortunately, I can’t find a photo of these on the internet (and I’m not wearing them, so I can’t photograph them on my feet), but they’re brilliant. And also comfortable.
And that pretty much sums it up. I have many (many) other pairs of shoes, but these are pretty much the regulars, plus a couple of excellent pairs I bought at Target and a pair of boots from Nine West that I wear sometimes in the winter. If I were stranded on a desert island, the above 5 pairs of shoes would be what I’d pick if I could only pick 5 pairs. And of course I’d bring lots of hand-knitted socks.
(Birkenstocks should be on the list, but I’m still poor so I haven’t bought myself another pair of those yet; I last wore them regularly in junior high)
And if that isn’t enough shoe goodness for you, here’s a great haute-couture shoe blog: