(swank artwork by #6 on the list)
But it’s only very short, so it’s really a semi-return. It’s exciting and thorough, though!
1. Knitting bowls. I’m currently obsessed with these, and you should be, too. (I’m obsessed with all hand-made ceramics, actually)
2. Self-made stitch markers. I thought I was too cheap to buy ready-made ones, and then I worked out how much I spent on supplies, and discovered I am not cheap, only particular (*ahem* picky), so I made some myself. The ChickenGoddess made some using tiger/fox tail wire and those little crimper things and some pretty beads, and they’re very nice. The best part is that they don’t catch on sock yarn like o-rings do.
3. Ravelry. I know, you’ve all seen it. But it bears saying that I love having a tool that keeps my knitting organized, so that when I cast on yet another sock, I can see that it brings my WIP count up to a stupidly hight number, and that I should probably finish a project before starting another one.
4. Baby things, because they are tiny and fast and instantly gratifying. I like instant gratification.
5. Good red wine. This makes knitting either (a) easier or (b) exponentially more difficult, depending on who you are and where you happen to be while doing these things. Also depends on what you’re knitting. I do not attempt to knit anything more difficult than 2×2 rib when I’ve had wine, but everything I do seems to be all flowers and butterflies and fluffy little clouds.
6. Marian Bantjes. Okay, so it’s more her work than her (I’ve never met her), but it’s mind-blowingly awesome, so whatever. I like it (see top of post for an example).
And that’s it. I gotta get back to productive work-type stuff now.