Only without Jimmy Fallon, Tina Faye (okay, so now you know roughly how old I could be), or any sort of scathingly witty commentary. Sorry.
Things of note:
1. Tornadoes! In! Atlanta! I live very close to the damaged area, and work within sight of the Georgia Dome, so this was a little unnerving. Not scary, because we only lost power for about 5 minutes, and then found out about the tornadoes when my dad called to check on me, but unnerving nonetheless. We can’t easily get to Cabbagetown, and I made the husband go out on Saturday to check on work, to make sure the windows weren’t busted out and that nobody had looted the place (there’s a seriously sketchy tenement complex next to the building). All is fine, and I have some hail saved in the freezer, or at least until it sublimates away.
2. Chickengoddess and I are making matching socks, because we are Huge Gigantic Dorks. I have cast mine on three times now. I do not know if I will cast them on more times. I hope I don’t. We are making them with Twisted Fibers Warlock (the striping is unbelievable, see?:
in the garter rib sock pattern from Sensational Socks. And now this makes three concurrent sock projects, plus a sweater, plus a hat, plus a lace project, plus another project that needs to be a secret for a little while. I’m pretty happy with this.
3. The cat (I’m not sure which one – they both look very guilty) unwound an entire ball of yarn that I had strategically hidden (I thought) away from feline smell and reach. And the kicker? He did it not while my husband was home all day, but in the brief 30-minute period between when the husband left to pick me up from teaching and when I got home. The cat(s) seriously has some issues with me.
4. I’m ready for the next round of the Little Red Riding Hoodie! Thank you, Chickengoddess, for your glorious math.
5. We made very juvenile poetry on the Knitch refrigerator during knitting on Sunday. I hope it’s still there (Interweave, don’t tell me you didn’t expect knitters to do those sorts of things with your magnetic knitting poetry. If you didn’t expect it, I expect that you’re lying).
And that’s pretty much it. The camera woes continue, and now my battery won’t function at all. I’m going to get a new one, plus a replacement charger as I have misplaced the one I had. Then, there will be photos of knitting things.
Ah, you see – the Chickengoddess, in her infinite wisdom, had a couple of skeins custom-dyed, so technically I shouldn’t have any, either. You might email the Twisted yarn lady and see if she’ll do the same for you…
Evil woman. No more of that colourway currently available and and and…so pretty. *pout*
Yay! You read my blog! Self-referential comment!
No, I didn’t see that Family Guy… I must go find it and watch it…
I am very glad you are okay. Also, seriously, I thought Weekend Update was *always* Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey. But I guess now Tina Fey has become Amy Poehler? Weird. Also, do you watch Family Guy? Did you see the one where Meg loses her virginity to Jimmy Fallon on TV? Wasn’t it kind of awesome?